Archive

For a Word document detailing notable dates of the club's history, click here

Formation of the Northumberland Ladies' Veterans' Association 5th October 1948. A meeting was held after the Veterans Open Meeting at Ponteland Golf Club in 1948 with a view to the formation of a Veterans' Association in Northumberland. There were representatives from 12 clubs and Mrs Allsop(Hexham) presided.

It was proposed by Mrs Stafford that an association called the Northumberland Ladies' Veterans' Association be formed, the object being to have two golf meetings a year and inter-county matches. This was carried.

Subscriptions - it was agreed that the Annual Subscription be 5/-

Membership - to be confined to members of Northumberland Clubs

Committee - for the management and other business connected with the forming of the Association would consist of President, Captain, Hon. Secretary and Hon Treasurer and representatives of three clubs. 

President: Mrs Gertrude Percy (Alnmouth),  Captain: Mrs Gertrude Allsop (Hexham), Hon Secretary and Treasurer:  Mrs R Stafford, Committee: Mrs Patterson, Miss Ord, Mrs F Williamson

Blenkinsopp Trophy was donated by Mrs Blenkinsopp(Gosforth) on September 11th 1950 for best Nett Score in Annual Golf Day for both divisions. Owing to the increase in members the divisions were separated in 1966 and Mrs Blenkinsopp asked that her trophy be given for the best nett score in the Bronze Division.

Hardy Stafford Cup was donated on 11th November 1965 by Mrs Iris Hardy(Hexham) and Mrs R Stafford for the best gross score at the Bronze Meeting.

Silver Salver was bought by the Association on February 7th 1951 to be played for on Annual Golf Day - 4 best gross scores to play off in match play creating a 'Veterans' Champion', the winner to hold the Salver for one year. In 1966 when the divisions were separated it became the trophy for the Silver Championship .

Batey Challenge Cups were donated by Mrs J H Batey for the best nett score in the Autumn Foursomes, first played at Arcot Hall on September 30th 1964

Nichol Trophy was donated by Mrs Kay Nichol  (Margaret Pickard's mother) on 13th November 1969 to be presented for the best nett score in the Silver Meeting

Lou Stewart Trophy was donated by Lou Stewart (Whitley Bay) in 1987 to be presented for the best gross score in the Silver Meeting

 

More archive material will be added to this page when available and we would be grateful of any information that could be used. Please contact Ena Clark at ena@peartee.f9.co.uk. (Click here to access email)